Friday, September 23, 2011
1. Urban Decay Book of Shadows vol. 4
2. Tarte for True Blood Glamour Me Cheekstain
3. Smashbox The Look Book Kit
4. Too Faced Beauty Insurance Set
5. Too Faced Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue
6. Stila Deluxe Lip Glaze Trio in Warm
7. Sally Girl Baked Eyeshadows in 120, 127, 128
8. Benefit They're Real mascara
9. Hard Candy Visibly Wet lip pencil in Jezebel
10. Elf Hypershine lipgloss in berry cherry
11. Kat Von D True Romance Palette in Metal Orchestra
12. Ulta nail lacquer in Smoke Screen
13. Butter London Nail Polish in Chimney Sweep
14. Butter London Nail polish in Henley Regatta
15. Ulta Nail Lacquer in Concrete
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Monday, September 12, 2011
Admittedly, sometimes, real life gets in the way of my blogging. Over the last month or so, Life has really gotten in the way. I won't bore you with all the details, but there are a LOT of posts that will be making their way here, as soon as I can find the time. (And when I say find the time, I actually mean pry myself away from my Nook and my girl Lori Whitwam's super fabulous book Make or Break). One day soon, that will happen. Remember, just because real life bitch-slapped me rather abruptly out of SUPER-FABULOUS-HAPPY-MAKEUP-LAND doesn't mean I wasn't stocking up on all kinds of lovely goodies for my wearing, and your reading pleasure. Because I was definitely still collecting. So, I leave you tonight with a photo of what is to come. Soon, very soon.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Sunday, August 28, 2011
|Starfish and Miss Independent|
After Kaye Eh suggested I try these, I decided to go for it. Here's my initial thoughts:
1. These lip balms are packaged really attractively. They're cute, and they're not too bulky.
2. They smell amazing. Think lemon creme pie, but more delicious. It took everything in me not to just take a bite out of the stick. No kidding.
Then I tested them.
First of all- the balms aren't really pigmented. At all. In fact, they're pretty much clear.
The packaging, while attractive, is atrocious. First of all, you can't twist it down. It is almost touching the top of the cap. This is incredibly problematic for me, because I will definitely nick the stick on the cap, or have some other unfortunate event in relation to this balm. Not especially thrilling.
Here's some swatches:
|Top- Miss Independent. Bottom- Starfish|
So overall, I'd say save your money, and get a better product, because these aren't that great.
Looking for a different opinion? Check out Syn's review here.
Monday, August 15, 2011
|Behold the shimmery glory!|
That being said, this product isn't entirely worthless... It does make a really nice, heavily pigmented gold eyeshadow! So while it utterly fails as a bronzer, It isn't a bad eyeshadow.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
If you read my review of the waterproof version of this mascara, you're probably thinking I'm positively insane for spending my money on the regular formula of this particular mascara. Maybe I am, but this made its way into my collection regardless.
For the record, I'm glad it did. When I bought the waterproof version, it was so horrifyingly terrible that I was actually a bit upset that I'd even bought it, and that Maybelline was marketing this product, and that people were saying it was even remotely okay. Then I bought the regular formula. Now, I'm not going to say that it completely changed my mind, but it is definitely an improvement. The mascara doesn't add heaps of volume, it doesn't lengthen your lashes remarkably, but the one thing it does well is that you can shape your lashes, and they stay in place. So if you want your lashes to be shaped a certain way, you can use this to your advantage. That being said, I use it with a primer, and another mascara over it to get the full look that I want, but it does do that one thing well enough to almost make it worthwhile.