Monday, August 1, 2011

Product Review: Kat Von D True Romance Palette- Truth

I got this palette in the Kat Von D sale at Sephora as well, although I bought this one online. I'd been looking at it on the website, and I just couldn't get over how pretty it looked. I'm a total sucker for purples and greens, so I was pretty excited about it..... that is until I got it in the mail.

                                                        (Left to right- Sugar Skull, Long Distance, Snake Eyes, Finland, Prayer, Galeano, Rehab, Sister)


The colors are so light! there are 7 powder shadows, and one cream shadow, like most of the other True Romance Palettes. The problem is most of the colors are so light in this palette that they don't even show up on me!

Sugar Skull- White with a green duochrome- makes a nice highlight color
Long Distance- Chartreuse shimmer with a gold duochrome-  has decent pigmentation
Snake Eyes- Medium green shimmer- Not a ton of pigmentation, but it is pretty.
Finland- Shimmery aqua cream shadow- The most pigmented on the green side.
Prayer- Matte dark wine- The most wearable shadow in the entire palette. It has the most pigmentation.
Galeano- Lavender shimmer- Super pretty, but barely pigmented at all. I was really bummed, because I was pretty excited about this color.
Rehab- Light brown shimmer- Pretty, but doesn't have a ton of pigmentation.
Sister- Matte pink-ish peach- Like most of this palette, it's pretty, but it barely shows up on my skintone.

Swatches: (top- no primer. bottom, KVD high voltage eye primer in Skin)
                                                        (Left to right- Sugar Skull, Long Distance, Snake Eyes, Finland)
                                                       (Left to right- Prayer, Galeano, Rehab, Sister)

Overall impressions- I was really disappointed in this palette, because it looked so pretty on the website, but when it came time to go on my eyes, it was so light that you could barely tell I was wearing eyeshadow. Most of the colors look good as highlight colors, but I found it tricky to craft a single wearable look out of the entire palette. If you like pastels, this palette might work well for you, but I found it to be a bit too bland for my tastes (or the pricetag)

No comments:

Post a Comment