Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Product Review: Kat Von D True Romance Palette- True Love

I got this palette as part of the Look in a Box from Sephora. I was curious about the other products, but mostly I just wanted this palette. So much so, actually that I spent days Weeks lusting after it. Finally, on my birthday, I decided to buy it. (Happy Birthday to me!) Here's what I think about it.


It's no secret that I shamelessly love pretty much everything from the Kat Von D makeup line, and this is no exception. In fact, I think this one might actually be my favorite so far. The colors in this palette are so fabulous, and I have found dozens of ways to wear them that I love.

Here's the rundown of the colors:
Peanut- Soft, shimmery gold- the shadow itself is very soft, and a bit crumbly actually, but it's really, really pretty!
Benji- A very bold gold with a hint of copper- This is a cream shadow with a lot of pigmentation. The only downside is that it did dry out pretty quickly, which did make it a bit harder to work with, but even when it's a bit drier, it does still work, it's just a bit trickier.
Rebekah- Medium chocolate brown, with gold glitter- Really pretty, with a lot of pigmentation. The glitter is pretty fine in it, but it doesn't have tons of glitter fallout, which is awesome!
Lucifer- a matte black- As far as matte blacks go, this one isn't the best matte black on the face of the planet, but it really isn't bad. Nothing too remarkable though, just a matte black.
Cholita- a reddish burgundy- This is definitely my favorite color in this palette... Actually, for that matter, I think this is my favorite in all the Kat Von D Palettes. It's so pretty! The pigmentation is nice, and it's very buildable, which makes it even nicer.
Skiba- A medium purple with gold glitter- It's not super bright, but the gold glitter adds a certain level of boldness to it, which makes it really pretty
Babe- A bold, bright, light purple with a subtle blue duochrome- I really like this one as well. It reminds me a bit of Flash by Urban Decay, but a bit prettier.
Missy- A bright shimmery white, with a subtle purple duochrome- This color is really pretty. I use it mostly for highlighting under my brows.


Swatches:

Top row- with primer, bottom row- no primer. (Left to right- Peanut, Benji, Rebekah, Lucifer. Second set- Left to Right- Cholita, Skiba, Babe, Missy)

No comments:

Post a Comment