Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Product Review: Tokidoki Polpettina Quad

Let me state once again, in case you haven't gotten it from any of my other many Tokidoki-related posts. I am a sucker for all things adorable, and i find myself getting enticed by pretty much every Tokidoki product made, because of how cute they are. This was no exception. Admittedly, my review might not be the greatest on this, as I feel really dumb for buying it, because the second I opened up the box, I realized that I already had 3 of the 4 colors from the Robbery Palette. Oops. Regardless, I will try to set aside the fact that I basically spent $19 on backups on products that I wasn't even close to needing to worry about running low on, and do the most objective review I could.

The quad is double-layered. The first layer has the eyeshadows in it (LA Gun, Polpettina, Candy Cane and Adios). The second layer has an adorable little charm inside it!
Shadows:
Adios- Matte black. Not the blackest black on the face of the earth, but not bad.
LA Gun- Dark, shimmery green. On its own, I'm not in love with the color, but over a black, it looks really pretty! Definitely my favorite in the quad.
Candy Cane- Sparkly, shimmery silver- It's a bit on the crumbly side, but it is really pretty. Just watch out for the glittery fallout of doom!
Polpettina- A soft, matte pink- The formula is kind of chalky, and it doesn't have a ton of pigmentation on my skintone, but it is pretty if you're trying to do a softer look.
Swatches! (Left to right- Adios, LA Gun, Polpettina, Candy Cane With Too Faced Shadow Insurance as primer)

No comments:

Post a Comment