Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Kat Von D True Love Palette Look

Here's a look from the True Love Palette that I love. I wear this look like, Once a week. It's really easy, and it even holds up when I'm at work all day.

Products used:
Face Primer- Hard Candy Illuminating Primer
Foundation- Maybelline Fit me! foundation in 115
Brow Gel- ELF brow gel/mascara duo
Brows- Kat Von D shadow in Leather
Blush- Tokidoki blush in Momobella
Blush- MAC blush in Flirt &Tease (applied lightly with a fan brush over Momobella)
Powder- MAC Hello Kitty Beauty Powder in Tahitian Sand
Lash Primer- Diorshow
Mascara- Lancome Oscilation in Gunmetal
Eye primer- Kat Von D High Voltage Primer in Smoky(from lash line to just below brows)
Eye Primer- Kat Von D High Voltage Primer in Skin(Up to brows)
Eye Liner(bottom)- Kat Von D Autograph Pencil in Black Metal Love
Liner(top)- Physician's Formula lash booster in blackest black
Lipstick- Viva Glam Gaga II applied very light and blended with clear gloss
Gloss- Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush gloss in mint
Concealer- Calvin Klein in Bisque
Eye shadow-
Kat Von D shadow in lucifer(lash line to crease)
Kat Von D shadow in Cholita (blended over Lucifer)
Kat Von D shadow in Skiba (across remaining Smoky primer
Kat Von D shadow in Babe (Blended from mid eyelid across Skiba)
Kat Von D Shadow in Missy (under brows, in a heavy-ish coat to cover the Skin-colored primer)

Blend the whole thing with a blending brush
Here's a closeup on the eye....

and here's another distance shot of the whole look

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely - such intense colors! I love it. I wish I could pull off eye makeup that dark. On my skin tone it usually just turns out baaaad. I am interested in trying out Kat's primer & liner though, the only product I've tried so far is the tattoo concealer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The primers are pretty good. my problem with the "skin" one is that it's waaaay darker than my skin. Haha I'll probably be doing a review on all the Kat Von D products I have tomorrow. But I think you could pull this off. If anything, these colors look a bit too dark on me. But you could use just Cholita without the dark primer or the black underneath, and use just Babe instead of putting under Skiba, which would make it a lot more wearable without all the added drama. Plus, the other side of the palette is all kinds of fun gold and browns, which would look amazing on your skintone. There's a whole "get the look" kit on sephora's website, and it has that palette, the two primers, the eyeliner and the lipstick. I think it was $55, so it is a pretty good deal.

    ReplyDelete