Sunday, July 24, 2011

Product Review: Tokidoki Sodashop Palette

I've been drooling over this palette since the first time I saw it at Sephora, and I've been doing an excellent job of restraining myself (for once). Well, I was at Sephora the other day, and it was $10, and I couldn't resist it any longer. It was a total steal. 12 shadows, an eyeliner, a super adorable nail file and a magnet set (Which I already covered my refrigerator with) in a collectable tin. Sold.

Initial thoughts: I really try not to get suckered by cute packaging, but sometimes it's really hard, and this was no exception. That being said, I positively love all the other tokidoki products I have, (Robbery palette, various shadows and glosses, makeup bags, plus the iPhone case and a couple charms) so I feel like it's not just me being all "ZOMG! It's cute!"

On to the shadows:
Skull donut is a light, shimmery gold-ish color, that I would definitely use for a highlight color.
Patatino is a light mustardy color with a soft gold shimmer. Pretty, but probably not one I'll use a ton as it will make my skin look washed out.
Riposino is a glittery and shimmery light brown. Very pretty for a jazzed up neutral look.
Ciccio is a shimmery coppery brown.
Mummetto is a matte medium brown. Perfect for a liner or for brows.
Mozzarella is a darker brown with lots of shimmer and glitter
Tulipano is a matte bright mauve. Very pretty
Nancy Rocks is a bold, shimmery bright purple. Kind of like Urban Decay's Flash, but prettier.
Romeo is another Urban Decay dupe, as it is a bold, shimmery burgundy like UD's Last Call. (I like the formula and pigmentation better on Romeo though!)
Ciotolina is a shimmery green.
Arrosto is a shimmery dark grey that is almost black. Very versatile.
Furbina is a very dark purple with light purple glitter in it. It's a very familiar color, but I can't think of what brand makes it, but it's definitely a dupe of something.

The tokidoki formulas are really nice. The shadow is dry and not crumbly, but it isn't so dry that it's hard to get even color and pigmentation. They have a nice color payoff, and they stay looking nice, although you definitely want a primer to get their full pigmentation.

(with primer)
(without primer)



Liner- Perfetto Eyeliner in SANDy
I like tokidoki's liners, and this one is no exception. The color is nice, and so is the formula. It stays put, and it has a decent tip. not too thin, and not too thick, so it allows you a variety of thicknesses. This is definitely one of the better felt-tip liquid liner pens I've tried.

If you can find this palette for the same price, I'd definitely say grab it while you can, but honestly, it's worth the $30 that Sephora has it listed for on its webstore as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment