Sunday, July 24, 2011

Product Review: Kat Von D Painted Love Lip Glosses

                                                         Left to right: Hellbent, Lolita, Underage Red, Homegirl

I got these in the epic Sephora haul I did on Thursday, and I'd never tried any of the Kat Von D lip glosses, but I love the eye products, so I figured I'd give them a shot. Especially for $3.50 each.
 The packaging is very nice. The only thing about it I don't like is the matte tube- it made it hard to judge what the product would be like without swatching it. Also, the matte coating comes off the cap. After having it in my pocket for just a couple hours, it began peeling off Lolita already. Not a big deal or anything though. The formula is pretty nice though. They're not sticky at all and they go on pretty well, while being super pigmented. Almost like a liquid lipstick instead of a gloss. Admittedly, I'm more of a fan of lighter colored lip products, so these aren't colors I would immediately choose for myself for daily wear, but I do think I will wear most of them more than once. They have a bit longer of a wear time than most glosses, and stay on for about 2-3 hours without needing to be reapplied.
Hellbent: 
Sephora's website describes this as a "rosy blood red." I like this one, and I think out of the four, this is the one I would wear the most often. It looks good right as you put it on, but I like it better blended out with a clear gloss over it as well.

Lolita:
 
This one is more of a dusty rose, but it is so pigmented that I'm not a huge fan of it. It's not a bad color, but I think it's a bit darker than I usually like my rose-colored glosses.

Underage Red

This one is a very cherry shade of red. It is also the sheerest of the 4. I think it's pretty wearable as-is.



Homegirl
 This is a very dark plum color. On someone as pale as I am. it is very unwearable right out of the tube, unless you're going for a really gothy-type look. But blended with a nice, silvery gloss, it is actually really pretty!

Here's some hand-swatches too.
                                          L to R: Hellbent, Lolita, Underage Red, Homegirl

No comments:

Post a Comment