Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Product Review: Tokidoki Prisma Lip Gloss

First off, let me say, these are the most difficult products on the face of the earth to photograph, so these will not do it justice whatsoever, they're really pretty!
I bought Bullets (left) and Rocketeer (right) online for $5 each from Sephora. I had never tried any Tokidoki lip products, but I positively love all their other products that I'd tried, and these were too cute for me to pass up.

The glosses feature a tokidoki character in a snowglobe-like top without the water. Seriously, Tokidoki, why must you make such irresistibly adorable products?!?
Bullets
 Rocketeer


 The formula is a lightly pigmented sheer blueberry flavored gloss. It goes on smooth, but it has a slight bit of stickiness to it, although not enough to bother most of the sticky gloss haters out there. The flavor is pleasant without being overpowering. The main difference between this and other glosses is the applicator. It's a flexible almost silicone-like paddle. It's kind of a different transition from the typical brush tips or sponges, but it doesn't bother me.


Bullets:
this one goes on almost completely clear on me, so there's not much to write about. It's a nice clear-ish gloss, but that's about it.
Rocketeer
This one looks like it would be super dark, but it goes on sheer, so it just has a bit of what Sephora describes as a "sheer deep black red" tone to it. It's pretty, but again, nothing terribly remarkable. The gloss formula is pretty long lasting, so you'll get a quality color, but if you have strongly pigmented lips, it probably will come out pretty clear on you.
Overall, These glosses weren't bad for the $5 I paid for them. If I'd paid their original $15 retail, I probably would have been disappointed though. I'd say pass on them, unless you're a serious Tokidoki collector like I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment