Saturday, July 9, 2011

Product review: Too Faced Fun in the Dark Palette (old)

I bought this on sale at Sephora for $16.50. Apparently, it's supposed to light up, although mine doesn't, which doesn't bother me, as I wouldn't use the mirror anyway. It comes with four eyeshadows, a bronzer, a blush, a lipgloss and a lipstick. All the colors go together really well, and are super pigmented. Excuse the lack of photos- my camera battery is dead.

The shadows:
Pin-Up: a silvery-ish shimmery color. Very light, and makes a fantastic highlight color
Peep Show- A slightly shimmery light pink.
Full Frontal- dark purple shimmer
Lucky Charms- Forest green shimmer

All go on really smooth, and have no icky glitter chunks or anything like that. They're not super flaky, so they don't crumble when you put a brush into it. It takes just a little bit of it to get a really nice color.

Bronzer: Sun Bunny
This is a two-toned  shimmer bronzer. It's a bit dark for me, but with a very minimal application, it's not too bad. A very light layer works for contouring, but anyone with a darker skintone could use it as a good bronzer.

Blush: Papa Don't Peach
It definitely has a nice pigmentation. Slight amount of shimmer, but not overly so. A light layer packs a lot of color, which is cool, and it's not very crumbly or flaky.

Lips:
Gloss: Tropical Pink (girls dig pearls)
I don't really like paleted lip glosses, but I'm pretty cool with this one. it has real pearls in it. it's a transparent pikak with glitter in it. The glitter isn't too chunky and definitely stays in place. It looks cool with the lipstick, or on its own. I definitely think I would prefer the liquid gloss though.

Lipstick: Free Love (Lip of luxury)
I love this color. It's kind of a pinkish, peachy almost nude. Glossy finish. It stays put pretty well, and doesn't have a weird scent or flavor, which is nice.

All in all, I think this palette is pretty sweet. While the colors aren't *super* edgy, so by itself, you can't do a lot of crazy stuff with it, but it works for all of your sensible makeup needs. It's pretty small, so it's portable enough. And while I hate palettes that have lip products in them, because they always get gross when rogue eyeshadow bits end up in them, this one is an exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment